American Modular Systems, Inc. (“Company” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites at www.americanmodular.com and www.BuildYourGEN7.com (our “Websites“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on or through the Websites and in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Websites. This policy does not apply to information that we collect through means other than the Websites. For example this policy does not apply to information we may collect “off-line,” information that may be collected through any other website operated by the Company, information that may be collected by our sales representatives or other employees, or information collected by any third party.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may elect not to use our Websites. By accessing or using the Websites, you agree to this policy. This policy may change from time to time in our sole discretion and your continued use of the Websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Therefore, please check the policy periodically for any updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or through the Websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use the Websites, register to use any of the features on the Websites, provide any information on the Websites or through any of its features, use any of the interactive features of the Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us (including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use). If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at through the information provided at the end of this policy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect and use information we believe is necessary to administer our business, to advise you about our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. The information we collect about our users includes the following:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, title, employer’s name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“Personal Information“);
- Information that is about you individually, but that does not identify you, such about information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer/mobile device operating system and browser type, type of mobile device, the unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, the address of a referring website (if any), and the pages you visit on our Websites.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites.
- Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- The information we collect on or through our Websites may include: information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites and/or the included tools, or requesting further services; and records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
- As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including the details of your visits to our Websites and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, either through the internet or by other means such as follow-up contacts by our sales representatives or other employees;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you and/or to provide you with our newsletters or other publications. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the “opt-out” box when you provide your data.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of American Modular’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by American Modular about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide information in connection with using the Configurator tool, we may contact you to complete the sale of the module units or to provide you with additional information regarding the module(s);
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- For billing and collection purposes; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of American Modular, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Materials from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the data-collection form or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Third Party Websites and Social Media Widgets
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of hoWe may provide hyperlinks to third party websites, and certain social media widgets on our Websites for your convenience. The third party websites and social media widgets are not covered by this policy. If you click on any such hyperlink, or interact with the social media widgets, we recommend that you read the relevant privacy notice to make sure you are comfortable with the applicable privacy and data security practices that govern, which may be different than as described in this policy.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and we may implement extra measures to secure passwords, such as storing them using a strong one-way hashing algorithm.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in this policy and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
The CCPA provides you with the following rights:
- Right to know. You have the right to know what categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we collect about you, the sources of how we collect Personal Information, our business purpose for the collection and use of your Personal Information, and any categories of third parties with whom we share your information.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we collect about you.
- Right to opt-out. If we sell any of your Personal Information, you have the right, at any time, to tell us not to sell your Personal Information.
- Right to nondiscrimination. If you exercise any of your CCPA rights, we will not discriminate against you.
The CCPA allows you to request your information, at no cost, up to twice during a twelve (12) month period. We will provide our response in a readily usable format, which is usually electronic. If you have any questions, please contact us.
How to Contact Us About Your CCPA Rights
Ways to Contact Us. If you would like to exercise your CCPA rights (right to know, right to deletion, right to opt out, right to nondiscrimination), please contact us through any of the following:
- Calling us toll-free at 1-888-740-0898 or
- Emailing us at email@example.com.; or
- Visiting our Websites for more information
Verification of Your Identity. To protect your privacy, we will ask you to verify your identity. We will ask you to confirm your name, email address, phone number and other information so that we can reasonably confirm your identity. We will not share any information until we can reasonably confirm your identity.
Our Response Time to Your CCPA Request
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security p
- Response Time. We will respond to your request within forty five (45) days from when you contacted us.
- Response Time for Complex Requests. If you have a complex request, the CCPA allows us up to ninety (90) days to respond. We will still contact you within forty five (45) days from when you contacted us to let you know we need more time to respond.
We provide more detailed information below about your specific rights under the CCPA.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold
- Your Right to Know. You have the right to know what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell.
- Response Contents. Our response will contain the following information from the previous twelve (12) months:
- Categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected.
- The categories of the sources of the Personal Information.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information.
- Any third parties we shared your Personal Information with.
- Whether or not we sold any of your Personal Information. If we sold any of your Personal Information, our response will tell you what information we sold, who we sold the information to, and why we sold the information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
- Your Right to Deletion. You have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information that we have collected and shared with our service providers.
- Information We May Keep. The CCPA allows us to keep your Personal Information that we need to provide you with goods and services, detect security risks, fix any errors, exercise free speech, use your information lawfully for our internal purposes, and to comply with the law.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
- Your Right to Opt-Out. If we sell any of your Personal Information, you have the right, at any time, to tell us to stop.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising Your CCPA Rights
- Our Non-Discrimination Policy. If you choose to exercise any of your CCPA rights, we will not discriminate against you.
Financial Incentives for Your Personal Information
- Notice of Financial Incentives. The CCPA allows us to provide financial incentives for collecting, selling, or deleting your Personal Information.
- No Financial Incentives: At the time this policy was last updated, we do not provide any financial incentives
Asking Others to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
- Authorized Agent. The CCPA allows you to ask someone else to exercise your CCPA rights for you. The CCPA calls this person your “Authorized Agent.” Before we will share anything with your Authorized Agent, you will need to provide your written permission. Please contact us if you would like us to know who your Authorized Agent is.
- Verifying the Identity of Your Authorized Agent. Once we have your written permission, we will also ask your authorized agent to verify their identity with us directly.
- Protecting Your Privacy. We will not share any of your information unless we have both your written permission and have verified this identity of your Authorized Agent
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||No|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||No|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our clients or their agents. For example, from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they engage us.
- Indirectly from our clients or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our clients in the course of providing services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our Websites. For example, from submissions through our Websites portal or Websites usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records Personal Information categories.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any Personal Information.